I’ve had almost no chance to post here since the beginning of April, mostly because I’ve found myself a new full time job. That means I’m writing less in general, but the upshot is that my job is music related, so I’m finding more records and listening to more music, most of which is on LP. I’d like to share everything with you, but until I have a chance to transfer those records to MP3s, I’ll have to build my mixes from CDs and other digital files.
This Laughtrack combines my playlists for the months of April and May and reduces everything to a brief 1 hour and 11 minutes of music. I’ve tried to keep some kind of continuity in the mix, but there’s no easy way to switch from Low to Dr. Octagon or from Autechre to Kyle Bobby Dunn, especially since I’m limiting myself to music I’ve actually listened to more than just once or twice in the last two months.
As always, I’m glad to remove any files upon request.
Thanks for listening!
- John Fahey, “Requiem for Molly (Part 3)” from Requia (1998) – originally released in 1967
- Low, “Nightingale (Acoustic)” from C’mon Acoustic (2011) – limited CD EP packaged with some editions of C’mon
- Faust, “The Sad Skinhead” from Faust IV (1992) – originally released in 1973
- Dr. Octagon, “I Got To Tell You” from Dr. Octagonecologyst (1996)
- Dr. Octagon, “Earth People” from Dr. Octagonecologyst (1996)
- Autechre, “Ecobondage [Ending] Ae Remix” from Scumtron (1997)
- Christina Carter, “Preserve Our Face” from Texas Blues Working (2011) – originally released in 2008
- Labradford, “With John Morand And Assisted By Brian Hoffa.” from E Luxo So (1999)
- Kyle Bobby Dunn, “Canyon Meadows” from Ways of Meaning (2011)
- Asva, “A Game in Hell, Hard Work in Heaven” from What You Don’t Know Is Frontier (2008)
- Loren Mazzacane Connors, “Untitled 12” from Airs (1999)
- John Fahey, “Fight On Christians, Fight On” from Requia (1998)
- Gil Scott-Heron, “I’m New Here” from I’m New Here (2010)